January 20th, 2014


Answer: dangling participles/dangling modifiers

mha_chan wants to know: What are dangling participles, modifiers, etc.?

In short, dangling modifiers (sometimes called misplaced modifiers) are a type of grammatical error that can make your sentences unclear, misleading, or downright silly to the reader. Dangling participles are a subset of dangling modifiers.

Collapse )